Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MediaSense video quality on Direct Inbound Recording

Hello everybody,

We have deployed MediaSense to record Audio and Video calls for our IPT & Video platform.

The audio recording is working flawlessly. However, the video -also working- suffers from a very bad quality of video.

In fact, when using Jabber to directly call MediaSense recording extension, the video quality doesn't go over 11 fps and the resolution 416 x 234.

I double checked the Region codec parameters, and the the Intra-Region bandwidth are oversized (like 200 Mpbs).

All the devices and the SIP Trunk to MediaSense are in the same Device Pool that is associated to the same Region.

I can confirm that when calling from Jabber to Jabber, the video quality is high and good. But when I call from a Jabber to the recording extension, the video quality is astonishely established at 416 x 234 on 11 fps.

However, the datasheet shows that MediaSense can achieve a video quality of 1080p30. I don't know if it can be achieved with the Direct Inbound Recording or the CUBE forking, or with both ?

Is there an issue regarding the video quality when recording with Direct Inbound Recording way ?

Have anyone achieved recording with MediaSense through Direct Inbound Recording with a quality better than 416 x 234 on 11 fps ?

Thank you all.

2 Replies 2

Hi

I have got the quality problem too.,  Mediasense support only forking solution for Video recording but the quality is very bad.

Booonpot

Thank you very much for your feedback Boonpot :)

However, in the SRND of MediaSense it's stated that video is supported with Direct Recording. Strange, the least I can say.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: