cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-me number to DSP management

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

My network has many different flavors of DSPs in it, pvdm2-xx and pvdm3-xx.  I'm confused how to manage those DSPs for conferencing since each of the on board DSPs support various numbers of callers into conferences.

I'd like to be abe to say this...

meet-me 1008 = a particalar DSP with 8 participants

meet-me 1016 = a particalar DSP with 16 participants

meet-me 1032 = a particalar DSP with 32 participants

Right now it seems like if I dial 1008, then CUCM will pick any of the available resources so we will end up with a 4 person conference eating up a 32 participant cable DSP.

Can anyone please clarify how this is managed?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM hunts thru the MRGL and tries to find a MRG which has a CFB, once it finds it it'll try to use Round-Robin if there's more than one, but since you might have other users using them, it's not the case all the time.

If you want yo have full control you need to separate them in different MRG and then order then in the MRGL so you use them in that order as they run out of resources.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM hunts thru the MRGL and tries to find a MRG which has a CFB, once it finds it it'll try to use Round-Robin if there's more than one, but since you might have other users using them, it's not the case all the time.

If you want yo have full control you need to separate them in different MRG and then order then in the MRGL so you use them in that order as they run out of resources.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: