Helpful
Replies

MeetMe Number in Use and Association

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager Version: 8.6.2.24901-1

I just recently started working with MeetMe numbers in our system as a new conferencing solution for our employees.

Question #1:
I was wondering if there is a way to tell if a certain MeetMe number is currently being used? Or, does the Host of the meeting see a message if they attempt to start a new MeetMe conference call when it is already being used by another conference?

Question #2:
Also, are MeetMe numbers associated to specific Conference Bridges? I know when you are inside the configuartion page for a Conference Bridge, the drop-down box for Related Links shows "Meet-me Number/Pattern Configuration". So I wasn't sure if when you go to that link and create a new Meet-me number/pattern if that new one you just created is now associated to that specific Conference Bridge only?

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestion on either of those 2 questions, please feel free to reply it would be very much apprecaited!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No way to tell from the phone, you should get an error message if the call has already been initiated.

No, Meet-Me allocates the CFB the same way an ad-hoc conference does, via the MRGL from the device that is initiating it. There is no way to tie meet-me to a certain CFB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No way to tell from the phone, you should get an error message if the call has already been initiated.

No, Meet-Me allocates the CFB the same way an ad-hoc conference does, via the MRGL from the device that is initiating it. There is no way to tie meet-me to a certain CFB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone else wondering this as well...

From my testing I found that, if a Meet-Me number is currently being used and from another phone, and you dial Meet-Me > then dial the current DN being used for the Meet-Me Conf you get a Fast Busy signal. So that should be good enough to tell the Host(s) of these conferences that they will need to use a different Meet-Me Number if they get a Fast-Busy signal after dialing the Meet-Me DN...

Thanks,

Matt

This solution works on top of CUCM Meet-Me conferencing feature and makes it more convinient - http://aurus5.com/phoneup/conference

You don't even need to remember the conference number - there is only one that is used for all meetings.

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply!

That seems pretty cool, so this "Conference" module is something that you install as an add-on/module to CUCM, is that right..? Also, is it something you need to pay to use, I like the idea of scheduling Meet-Me conferences just like you would do with Outlook in setting up meeting rooms, and then simply using a PIN to join your particular conference. And not to mention only using one Meet-Me number for ALL meetings...

Do you know if it will prevent Meet-Me conferences from getting "scheduled" if all of the ConferenceBride resources are already pre-scheduled to be used for other conferences? Does that make sense?

Thanks Again for the reply, much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matthew,

the app needs a windows server (virtual one will be ok) and integrates with CUCM. You need to buy the license but the prices are affordable and you can demo the solution before buying.

The license limits the number of concurrent attendees in all meetings, so when bridge resources are over, you'll get the warning.