cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification in Unity

tyalana945
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway a voice message left in unity can be sent out on email with the actual message transcriped onto the email not just the standard message left by the unity connection messaging system?

6 Replies 6

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

You can receive a message using your outlook , based on the integration between cisco unity connection and microsoft outlook . The message will include the file in .wav file .

thank you

Actually it depends on what you are specifically asking for. If you mean transcribed as in the voice recording is converted to text and sent as an email that is different than simply receiving a voice message as an attachment in an email client.

Hailey

Rate helpful posts!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes I noticed in unity (after I posted)that there is an option for send transcriptions of voice messages but its grey out on my unity. I have asked my unity guru why this is, awaiting an answer.

Hi

The transcription option is a subscription service - presumably you have not subscribed/paid for it.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

You would need to purchase a TTS (Text-to-Speech) server and Cisco "LicRealspeakSessionsMax" licenses. Than you would configure Unity to communicate with the TTS server. A known Cisco supported TTS server vendor is Nuance.

http://www.nuance.com/

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks everybody for your quick responses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: