cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message offline:

achalante
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i'd like to know if there's anyone out there that can be of help. We can't seem to access our voicemails at the office, as we keep getting the response "message server offline" or something. I only know about the CallManager express, but i have very little knowledge with CallManager. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

I assume u re using Unity or Unity Express for Voicemails? which Version? Which version of Callmanager are u using? if this is a Unity Server please Check the Eventviewer->application then copy and paste the errors here.

How do i do that? Well, it's using Unity, but at the moment, i cant even access my unity server, as the browser keeps giving me errors. Where do i find the Eventviewer?

Hi, i've managed to locate the Eventviewer, and there seems to be no outputs whatsoever on the application.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Go to the Unity server and check the free space, that message is normally hear when you are almost out of space, if that is our case try the following SQL commands to shrink the UnityDB:

C:\osql -E

1>use UnityDb

2>go

1>backup log UnityDb with no_log

2>go

1>dbcc shrinkdatabase (unitydb)

2>go

exit

I just tried it. Didnt make any difference. Still tells me "message server is offline" anytime i try to listen to my voicemails. Thanks anyway.

Are the Exchange services that Unity monitors up and running? Have you tried re-running the Message Store Configuration Wizard? If not, give it a try.