cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Domain Name and DHCP

jasonfaraone
Level 4
Level 4

I have a subinterface on my routers that provides access to a cellular data connection. The cellular device pulls a static IP via DHCP and provides it to the FE subinterface.

Some time after configuring these subinterfaces, my gateways needed to re-register with my CUCM cluster. After registration failed, I realized that, despite having a hostname explicitely declared in my router configuration, the MGCP domain name had been overwritten by the DHCP subinterface hostname. This was frustrating, but I added the following lines to my subinterfaces and assumed all was well "ip address dhcp hostname <hostname>". My thinking was that, regardless of what DHCP tried to push, this statement would ensure that the MGCP domain name would remain unchanged.

I recently was forced to reboot my CUCM cluster, and sure enough, similar problems occured. At 4 out of 5 sites, the hostnames seemed to apend themselves to each other in my MGCP domain name. For example, CLV-MDF-RTR-01 became CLV-MDF-RTR-01-CLV-MDF-RTR-01.

The "fix" at the time was to shut down the subinterfaces, but at this time I'm weary of re-activating them. Gateway registration failure is obviously a headache. Is there a way to set the MGCP domain name and ensure that nothing can possibly change it?

3 Replies 3

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

On your MGCP gateway, have you set up 'mgcp bind' to an interface, such as the loopback?

Yes.

mgcp bind control source-interface FastEthernet0/1
mgcp bind media source-interface FastEthernet0/1

Here is the configuration of that interface:

!
interface FastEthernet0/1
description Inside WAN VLAN
ip address X.X.X.X X.X.X.X
ip wccp 61 redirect in
ip nbar protocol-discovery
load-interval 30
duplex auto