Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateway registration

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

Please find the attached topology i want the voice gateway to be registered with his loopback address and not by the gigabit interfaces, but it is registering with gigabit interface currently ,, do the below commands will help me to bind with loopback interface, i have not access the router CLI but Planning the single router with redundancy solutions.

mgcp bind control source-interface loopback0
mgcp bind media source-interface loopback0

Below is the plan

1. Will run eigrp on all the subnets  ( between router and core A and between core B and router and between the core's also on the loopback
  2. if gig0/0 link fails on the router loopback will be reachable through gig0/1 and the gateway will still be registered.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

Those commands will bind mgcp to the loopback interface as you stated.  The EIGRP setup you described is one I use all the time for redundant ethernet connections on a gateway.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

Those commands will bind mgcp to the loopback interface as you stated.  The EIGRP setup you described is one I use all the time for redundant ethernet connections on a gateway.

Dears,

Nathan +5

The gateway has registered to the loopback and i don't get any voice packet drops when the gig0/0 fails on the router and when the gig0/0 comes up.

thanks for the confirmation on my thoughts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: