cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from ICT to SIP Trunks

jason.finnigan1
Level 1
Level 1

We have all CUCM v11 clusters. We are still using ICT trunks between them but would like to switch to SIP to display presence status. I've setup Trunks that connect between the clusters using SIP but I haven't been able to get presence or calls to go over it, the route patterns work fine on the ICT don't work when I switch them to the SIP trunks.

Is there a good walk through on setting up clusters with SIP trunks between them? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config for an ICT and a SIP trunk is largely the same, fill in the blanks with the required info, configure the CSS for inbound/outbound as necessary, and set the IP/FQDN/SRV of the other cluster. That's pretty much it, the rest of the config is exactly the same RG/RL/RP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config for an ICT and a SIP trunk is largely the same, fill in the blanks with the required info, configure the CSS for inbound/outbound as necessary, and set the IP/FQDN/SRV of the other cluster. That's pretty much it, the rest of the config is exactly the same RG/RL/RP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I got calls working I just scrapped the config for the SIP trunk and started over. Presences and BLFs don't seem to be working over the trunk though is there anything special needed for that? 

Edit: Never mind just took a while for that to start showing. It's 100% working. 

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

What is the fail condition you are getting when trying to place calls, are you getting the annuciator, reorder or something else? 

Does DNA show a simulated call getting to the trunk correctly? 

Just a Fast Busy.

DNA shows the call going to the trunk. 

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make a test call across the SIP trunk and add the traces to this post.  probably best to set up a test pattern that only points to your SIP trunk, so you do no effect your prod. ICTs.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.