Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate several cucm clusters to a single cluster

PedroReforco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

need some help here, I have 3 clusters and i want to make a new node with the configuration from all 3 actual cluster fuse into this new one, is this possible ?

cluster 1

publisher + subscriber

cluster 2

publisher + subscriber

cluster 3

publisher

NEW CLUSTER

publisher + subscriber + subscriber (diferent physical\subnet location)

Will PCD help me fusing the discovered cluster into a new one ?

Best Regards

Pedro Reforço

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there are no tools for this, PCD is not meant for that, only to migrate the information to a blank OVA which will be installed and then the information migrated from a single cluster.

You can use PCD for one cluster, which could be the new server(s), and then you would need to choose either BAT or AXL to migrate the information from the other clusters, along with any logic you want to implement to make sure things are configured in the proper order, they don't overlap, cause issues with existing configuration, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Cisco Advanced Services have a in-house developed tool for this. Advice you @PedroReforco to contact your account team at Cisco to discuss this. We used the tool a couple of years ago when we consolidated our 5 leaf clusters down to 3. It worked like a charm and is definitely worth the money. Best of luck with this.

Response Signature

Hi thanks for the info, do you remember the name of this tool ?

thanks for your support

In the notes I have it's named CWM (don't know what the acronym stands for) and UCDT (Cisco Unified Communications Deployment Tools). It comprised of two tools that is used in combination.

Response Signature