cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Calls - 91 prefix

IT Service Desk
Level 1
Level 1

It seems this is or was a popular topic but nothing that I've seen online seems to apply and/or work. Can someone please help? I have had a TAC incident open for several days but have been unable to get any closure on this as of yet thru them either.

• We have CUCM 10.5.
  • Standard, small pub/sub setup. 
  • We are using 7960, 7962 and 7965 phones. 
  • Single voice gateway/router using SIP service to/from the PSTN.

Previously, caller ID and the missed/received calls directories were showing 10-digit national numbers only.  For example, 2125551234.

On the trunk configuration, under Incoming Calling Party Settings, TAC suggested we prefix a 91 for Incoming Number.  Not sure if this is ideal as I don't think international calls will be handled properly but for now I'm OK. It works.

Calls now come in as 912125551234. This is the caller ID and this is also the number that shows up in missed/received calls directories. However, the business requirement is to somehow mask/hide the 91 such that for display purposes only, the phones show just the 10-digit number of 2125551234.

Working with TAC, we created a new partition and a new CSS.  We created a new Calling Party Transformation Profile. They tried everything from pattern matches of 91XXXXXXXXXX, 9.!, and a few others.  They tried discarding digits predot, leaving the discard digits set to < None > but only setting a calling party transformation mask of XXXXXXXXXX (10 X's), etc.  

So as to not disrupt everyone, just on my phone only, under "Number Presentation Transformation", for Remote Number, they set the CSS to the one they created.

Whatever combinations are tried, the net result is that instead of just hiding the 91, it actually removes the 91 from the received/missed calls directories.  Thus, any attempt at redialing from the directories results in "Your call cannot be completed as dialed".

Has anyone had any luck with this?  

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Lentfoehr
Level 1
Level 1

First you should think about SIP between your gateway and CUCM. Since this does not support number types like international, national or subscriber it's better to use a E164 number between CUCM and SIP gateway. So the CUCM does not have to think about any number whether it is some national/international or local one.

For incoming calls after routing them to the phone you use a calling party transformation css within the box remote number. This should include a partition which includes the calling party transformations to shorten the number as required. If the CSS is not assigned to the phone it should show the unshortend number. The translation can be 10 X's in the mask field. I think it's the easiest.

When trying your translations please check not just the list of missed calls but also click on details. Within the details you should find two numbers. One is the displayed and there is an alternate number which is used for callback. The first one will be 2125551234 and the alternate one has to be 912125551234 in your situation. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jens Lentfoehr
Level 1
Level 1

First you should think about SIP between your gateway and CUCM. Since this does not support number types like international, national or subscriber it's better to use a E164 number between CUCM and SIP gateway. So the CUCM does not have to think about any number whether it is some national/international or local one.

For incoming calls after routing them to the phone you use a calling party transformation css within the box remote number. This should include a partition which includes the calling party transformations to shorten the number as required. If the CSS is not assigned to the phone it should show the unshortend number. The translation can be 10 X's in the mask field. I think it's the easiest.

When trying your translations please check not just the list of missed calls but also click on details. Within the details you should find two numbers. One is the displayed and there is an alternate number which is used for callback. The first one will be 2125551234 and the alternate one has to be 912125551234 in your situation. 

Thanks. It wasn't until I saw your suggestion about looking for the "details" of the missed call.  That's what got me thinking it was maybe model dependent. On the 7960 phones, I wasn't seeing what I expected - 2125551234 for both listings. It seems on the 7965 phones everything is working as expected. TAC gave a bug number too saying that the 7960 phones have problems with localization. 

Thanks.