Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile connect

dave-mith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have some extension mobility users that have been set up as phone type 7965.

All profiles have mobility  (mobile connect) enabled but when they log on to a 6900 phone the mobility key does not appear. I know this has to be set as a line button but didn't want it displayed on logged out phones. Is there a setting which forces the mobility key to be displayed if the user logging inin has it enabled on their profile?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to set the phone button template of the device profile to a template that has the mobility key set for one of the phone buttons.  Even if the logged out profile has a standard phone button template when the user logs in they will see the mobility key on th ephone.  Check that the base phone or logged out profile does not have a phone button template that contains the mobility key to keep it from showing up.

hi

the problem is I need to have a phone button template for a 7960 for the lines. so you can't add the mobility key to this type of device profile. I added the phone button template to the 6900 with mobility enabled but when my user logs in with their 7960 DP it removes the button - any ideas?

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you setup the device profile based on certain phone model and you login to a deferent model things like this might happen

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

There's not feature consistency between all phone models, I don't think there is between a 79xx and 69xx, so you'd have to create a second device profile one fore a 69xx and set it as an available profile for the user.  Then when the user logs in to EM they will be asked which profile, either their 79xx or 69xx and they can then select the correct one to get it to work properly.