Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying calling party name for inbound external calls

andharri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have just migrated from a legacy phone system to Cisco BE6000 (9.1.2.10000-28) with a CUBE running on a 3845 (15.1(4)M6) and connecting to a SIP provider.

On the old system if the CEO called in from his mobile phone the CLI would show his name rather than his number, so we all knew to answer it promptly or be fired!

I have been asked to implement such a feature on the new system, but I cannot seem to work out where and how to do it/

The closest I have got is by using the "sip-profiles" feature on the CUBE, by changing the "P-Asserted-Identity" SIP header value.

This works fine if I modify the calling party number to another number, or to a single character but for more than one character it fails i.e.

request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "5551231234" "666" - Works fine and I see "666" on my phones CLI

request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "5551231234" "C" - Works fine and I see "C" on my phones CLI

request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "5551231234" "CEO" - Does not work and I see "Uknown number" 

Does anyone know a better method for doing this, and if I am using the correct method then how can I get it to work.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you build his cell phone as remote destination and tie to his internal DN on CUCM then all calls from his cell phone into the system would show his internal system extension and his name as defined under the directory number.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you build his cell phone as remote destination and tie to his internal DN on CUCM then all calls from his cell phone into the system would show his internal system extension and his name as defined under the directory number.

Chris

solved, many thanks!