cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH with Periodic Announcement

JasunKAR
Level 1
Level 1

Struggling to find an answer searching.  Anyone using MOH with *CUSTOM* periodic announcement?  I'm standardizing MOH with a single music file across all locations.  Locations that require some custom verbiage to play for marketing I'm wanting to create a new audio source with the standard music file but import a custom .wav file that plays every 10 seconds or so.

Things i've done so far:

1. Copied wav files everywhere.  Each wav file is on every CM

2. Went back and clicked save on everything.  This did actually resolve an issue with the MOH music file not playing.  

3. Made sure my files were in the supported specs (16bit, PCM, etc.)

4. Ensured I have English, United States set

The setup documentation is a little lacking on custom periodic announcements and a bit unclear.  I make calls from internal and external to my target phone with the new MOH source.  Music plays fine.  The periodic announcement never plays.  I read something that I interpreted the need to set a default in the drop down box.  It wasn't clear what I needed to set so I picked anything.  THAT plays, but every 30 seconds and not the 10 seconds I had set.  

This is not for calls from hunt groups to be clear.  I can get MOH with period announcement working for the default stuff but not a custom file.  I've attached SS's of the configuration.  Any guidance is appreciated.  

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to the MOH source config, Help -> This page and review the description of those settings for the announcements.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yeah.  Thanks.  I know about the help -> this page.  

If anyone's actually set this up per the documentation and/or help -> about this page.... i'd love to hear.  Thank you very much!

Note
MOH server always plays the periodic announcement regardless of other settings.
Note
Initial announcements are always simulcast to each new caller. Periodic announcements are multicast to queued callers at the specified time interval. Callers who join the queue after the periodic announcement has begun to play may only hear a portion of the announcement.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yessir I saw that.  I'm not queuing calls.  Is this a terminology thing?  Is putting a call on hold considered queuing?  In this specific configuration?  in MOH source config it says "Announcement Settings for Held and Hunt Pilot Calls".  I'm not answering the call through a pilot.  

So I assumed I could use this for simply putting a call on hold from the PSTN to the DID.  The periodic DEFAULT stuff plays just fine.  I can change it to whatever I want.  Right now it's periodically saying "Five" every 10 seconds using the Custom_Test Announcement I created.  Just won't play the custom file I uploaded to Custom_test and selected.  I've set the locale on everything.  

So that's where my disconnect it.  Maybe I am not interpreting the terminology correctly in the documentation.  

Thank you very much!!

Worked with TAC validated my configuration and found none of the subs were taking the announcement files I was uploading.  The work around for os permissions were not working.  The second work around was not working either.   It was decided I will apply patch 12.5(1.11900.146) which fixes CSCvo69002.  

We will move from 12.5.1.10000-22 to 12.5.1.11900.146

Wanted to update incase someone else runs into my problem.  I'll post again if this update resolves.  

Was upgrading to 12.5.1.11900.146 helpful in solving this issue?

We will find out this weekend!  I have scheduled the upgrade of our cluster for Dec 6th.  So i'll test over the weekend after upgrade and see.  Will report back my findings :)  

My scenario is almost like yours, except that I am using the periodic announcement within a Queue in Hunt Pilot.

Today I opened a ticket with TAC.

First they worked on the chmod 754 thing, then Second: they changed the os secure to permissive. As a result, we could successfully upload the custom audio files for announcements. We had to repeat the file upload to every node in the cluster (even though it will look as listed and available from the other nodes' administration page). Now looks like it is working, but I will keep it under monitoring for couple of more days. I am planning for the upgrade to SU1 next week - After I hear from you about the result :)

Pretty close to our problem.  MOH files themselves would not upload without the permissive setting at CLI.  Setting that on the server then uploading worked fine.  Then rinse and repeat on each server.

Our problem came with the uploading the periodic announcement.  It worked on publisher fine.  But no matter what we would do it would not upload to any subs.  And yes you are right it even says in the configuration the file is there, but the file system shows no trace of the file and the upload fails regardless of permissive/enforce setting.  

I will certainly keep this thread updated after the upgrade this weekend :)

Hi Jasun,

Today I tested your scenario (Periodic Announcement plays when calling party is put on Hold), and it works. I have a feeling that the changing of directory (CustomAnn) permissions to 754 on your Subscriber nodes was not completed successfully.

From the subscriber node CLI, try the following: file list activelog cm/tftpdata/CustomAnn/english_united_states

you should see some files (for different codecs, e.g. Custom_05001.alaw.wav or Custom_05002.alaw.wav), if no files found then the custom announcement files were not uploaded successfully

So to close the loop on this, turns out the SU1 update to CUCM cluster fixed the periodic announcement problem.  We are now able to add custom announcements and have them play in MOH sources.  And we don't have to issue the file permission command at all now at the CLI. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: