cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving CUCM sub

seaman0555
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting ready to move a sub from one location to another so the IP and hostname will need to change.  I have read the docs and it looks straight forward but want to see if there was anything to watch out for.  I will be removing this node form the system all together and adding it new as the setup will be completely different than the role the box currently plays.  It is on version  7.1.5.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're going to reinstall it then there is no point in reviewing the changing IP docs.

You just need to install it according to the role it will play (SUB, TFTP, MOH, etc) and just fill in the blanks during the install of who is the PUB and credentials.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry, if I was confusing.  It will continue to be a sub, but it will not be in any of the same groupings.  It will server a new set of offices but still register to the Pub it currently registers to today.  So there will be new Call Manager groups that this one will be associated with and the old naming it had will be no more.

you have two options , either to delete  this node from publisher  , then you need to rebuild it as the time you initially instaled this node but with the new hostname/ip . or to move it and connect it on the new office , after checking the connectivity with other nodes / DB replication , you can start following the stepwise procedure of the doc you pioted to .

hope this help .

thanks

Haitham