Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to dial from 2nd DN of 7975 Phone

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have 7975 IP phones & CUCM 7.1.5b SU4...I have configured 2 DN for 7975 phones, however whenever i try to use the 2nd DN & dial some outbound calls, it's not happening...Partition/CSS/RP is perfectly fine..

Do i need to do anything specific to enable this feature??

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

But exactly what happens?

What error/message do you get?

And exactly what's the process you're doing to dial?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HI Java,

I am hearing the below message while i choose the 2nd DN to dial any number (be in internal or external): "Call can not be completed as dialed"

Rgds,

Partha

Then "Partition/CSS/RP is perfectly fine.." is definitely not true, that means something in your CSS/partitions is wrong.

Vasil already mentioned that:

If you hear "Call can not be completed as dialed" message upon a dial  attempt, it has been prompted from the UCM, and, then it is usually a  call routing issue. Re-check sequentially CSS, Partitions, Dial  Patterns, Route Groups, Alternate call routing if any.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

vmilanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There shall be nothing special for secondary line, it should have similar configuration as the primary one, except the DN of course.

If you hear "Call can not be completed as dialed" message upon a dial attempt, it has been prompted from the UCM, and, then it is usually a call routing issue. Re-check sequentially CSS, Partitions, Dial Patterns, Route Groups, Alternate call routing if any.

If you do not hear the message, re-check that you have proper calling-id handling, as many PTT/ITSPs would reject calls that do not have it the right way. This includes proper prefix, format (E.164 for an example), DID within assigned range, removal of any digits/signs, that have local to the UCM significance (PreDot or trailing-#, etc.). In this case re-check Route Group settings from within the Route List page, any Translation CSS and patterns, gateway/trunk configuration.

You can also try to dial another DN extention to clarify where the problem persists.

HTH,

Vasil

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Partha,

Just to add a quick note to the good tips from Java and Vasil (+5 guys! )

Don't forget to check the DN/Line page itself for any CSS/Partition anomalies.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: