cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving ELM server

Chris Schuerger
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 9.1 and a standalone ELM server on the same UCS box.  I migrated the licenses and everthing was running and licensed.  I did a DRS backup of ELM and shutdown the server on UCS1.  I built a fresh copy of ELM with the same IP, hostname, etc. on UCS2.  I did a DRS restore and the licenses are now invalid. 

What are the correct steps for moving an ELM server, or for doing a disaster recovery on an ELM server for that matter?  Obviously there is some step after the restore/reboot that needs to happen before the licenses are back in compliance.  Optionally is there a doc somewhere that talks about moving from co-resident ELM to stand alone ELM?  Something like that might explain how to properly migrate from one ELM server to another.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Maybe this will help

Licenses are missing following restoration of Enterprise License Manager on a different server

Description

I have restored my Enterprise License Manager on a different server and I  do not have any licenses.

Resolution

When  you move your Enterprise License Manager to a different physical or  virtual server, your licenses need to be rehosted to the new server and  reinstalled. Please open a Service Request using the TAC Service Request  Tool, http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/DefineProblem.do,  or send an email to licensing@cisco.com for next steps. Please have  your valid Cisco.com user Id and password available. As an alternative,  you may also call our main Technical Assistance Center at 800-553-2447.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/elmuserguide/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_E596FD72_00_enterprise-license-manager-user-90_chapter_0101.html#CUCM_RF_L95FE904_00

Cheers!

Rob

"Clocks go slow in a place of work
Minutes drag and the hours jerk" 

-The Clash