Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP on 8845

sulaymanbanni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I got 8845 phones in my cluster, when I enable MTP on the device profile I cannot make video calls, but when I disable them or tick it on the DP, video calls can be made. The reason I enable MTP is to enable the "hold" function on turrets (trading endpoint). If MTP is not enabled turret users could not use "hold" functions, when calls are made between Cisco IP phones and turrets. 

Could anyone help,  where, I will be able to tick MTP on DP and make video calls as normal. Any help will be highly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The reason video does not work is the MTP itself.

MTP does not have codec pass through, so they do not allow video to pass through but just the audio.

As per CUCM 10.x System Guide, under Video telephony"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100_chapter_0101011.html

" If an audio transcoder or MTP is inserted into a call, that call will be audio only" ** This line indicates for CUCM Software MTP

++ If hardware MTP ( IOS MTP ) allocated in the call, then the result will be with below conditions:
1.    - If the MTP is allocated because of MTP Required check on trunks and gateways, then video streaming does not occur.
2.    - If Unified Mobility requires MTP for DTMF detection, video is not available.
3.    - If MTP is allocated due to transcoder and a TRP check on devices, trunks, and gateways, video is available

Regards,
Hitesh