Views
Helpful
Replies

Multisite Connectivity help

khurram1987
Level 1
Level 1

hi people

kindly help me out...i have to present a solution for 2000 users of Cisco VOIP on multisites...i suggested them to use CM cluster on each individual site.Now i am having difficulty to connect my gateways with all sites via bandwidth and PSTN..

tell me coonectivity methods between my all gateways over WAN...

thanks

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can setup a cluster over wan, or central cluster with SRST branches. it depends on your number of users for each site.

what kind of WAN connectivity you have, internet VPN, leased lines or MPLS ?

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

we have 300-400 users on each site and there is currentsly 5 sites suggest me cluster over wan or central cluster at headoffice...our service provider will provide bandwidth either through vpn tunnels or leased lines....

what you suggest vpn tunnel is suitable in this scenario..??

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

you need to setup cluster over wan. for wan connection I prefer to go with MPLS VPN, because you will get higher bandwidth, cheaper than leased lines.

you need to size the wan router to support the encrypted traffic between the sites

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Start out by reading CUCM SRND where all deployment models are well described along with WAN topology requirements, bandwidth requirements, QoS requirements, etc.  After you are done with reading it come back with specific questions.  2000 user is a good size solution and you need to plan this in detail, as the last thing you want to do is slap things in without understanding the requirements.  There is a lot to consider here, and if you are starting with CUCM I suggest you hire a professional firm to assist you or spend the due diligence and learn as much as you can from well documented guides Cisco provides.

HTH,

Chris