Multisite for video endpoints: What are the downsides compared to using CMS?
I'm new to video endpoints, was hoping someone could clear up some questions regarding multisite that I haven't been able to find thorough answers for online. The questions are assuming you have a multisite key for a supported video endpoint (such as a new room kit).
1) Are there strict limitations on audio/video codecs that can be used during multisite? For example only G.711, only H.264 etc.
2) Are there limitations on the layout of the VC? For example you can't customize the presentation, can't add banners, no speaker tracking etc.?
3) Any chance there is a resource which shows how a multisite party looks like from a user perspective, like a screenshot of the screen during a 4-way conference?
4) Is there any configuration for multisite from the CUCM-side of things, or is it just a simple ad-hoc button with best effort design?
5) Feel free to add any other drawbacks why a company would pick CMS over multisite that you think is worth mentioning.
Thanks for your time, I realize it's a somewhat loaded discussion but then again the resources I've seen for multisite don't delve too much into the details.
Your summation as a single sentence is roughly the level of documentation I found for this feature online. I'm looking for in-depth information, which is why I broke up the question into a number of different aspects.
You want in some scenarios different URIs or call-IDs and different access code are used by guest and host participants to join a meeting, and different rights or privileges, for example add or remove participants, mute audio or video, or when there...
Opus is an adaptive codec that provides better audio call quality than G.711/G.729 voice codecs and in a low bandwidth environment. The codec has a very low algorithm delay and is it is highly scalable in terms of audio bandwidth, bitrate, and comple...
Background:When deploying a multisite with centralized call processing across multiple countries, the digit manipulation can be complex, in this scenario US Site as HQ, GE Site in Germany and AU Site in Australia use different dial plan.We need to unified...
Version 3.3 introduces the ability to schedule meetings and see upcoming meetings in web app. Web app users can schedule meetings, modify the scheduled meetings, and notify participants via email. Scheduler is a new component that enables scheduling meeti...
Translation Profile is used on Voice Gateway to perform Digit Manipulation on the Calling and Called Parties. The Translation Pattern is doing the same digit manipulation. The translation profile can be applied BEFORE the incoming dial peer is matched (if...