Views
Helpful
Replies

Music On Hold

ggl277808
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I´ve a CUCM 10.5 and two gateway H323 working for different location. When the call in for GW1 from PSTN and user put caller on hold the music play ok.
But when the call in from PSTN GW2 and user put caller on hold, they just listen tone on hold(two bips with a few seconds interval)

I´ve looked by internet, and some documents talk about issues in the GW others in CUCM, I´ve checked the MRG configuration in CUCM, I dont have multicast activated for MOH.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Hi ggl,

Do you assign same MRGL to both gateway? Maybe MRGL assined to GW2 doesn't have MOH resources.

Regards

Hi Leo,

I`ve assigned same MRGL on both gateway, in GW1 work, GW2 isn´t. 

Thanks for reply.

Hi,

I solved the issue, I assigned same device pool in both gateway and it´s working now.

I can´t understand why with different device pool, both configured similar and the codecs relationship in region configuration are fit with same 64 kb(g.722-g.711ulaw).

So if someone has an explanation?

Check the region configuration between GW1-Region and MoH-Region and GW2-Region and MoH Region.

I´ve finished to reconfigure the region relationship right now and each GW it´s working with it´s own devicepool.

Thanks guys