Views
Helpful
Replies

MVA Feature Functionality

ahmad_tamneh
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All...

I have the following setup, I am not sure if the will be suitable to enable the MVA feature !

I have CUCM cluster, but his CUCM cluster has no voice GW or DID .. but this CUCM cluster has Inter-cluster trunk to another CUCM cluster which has the DID numbers ?

Can I configure the MVA for this setup..

Appreciate your input.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

this the problem , if you have any fxo or any PSTN connection you can finish the task. MGCP not support MVA , this is the problem.

Thank you

please rate if this will help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can add the gateway of the remote cluster to your call manager and configure the MVA

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

The Gateway in the other cluster is MGCP , and all the PRI are backholded to the ccm

The requirements for the MVA, is h323.

Hi

It is ok to run both MGCP and H323 at the same IOS ,as long as the dial peer isn't a pots dial peer pointing to the PRI it will run independently of your MGCP.

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

But as I mentioned above, all PRI are binded to the CCM!

So how to invok the VXML application while all the DID numbers belong to the MGCP ..

Hi

this the problem , if you have any fxo or any PSTN connection you can finish the task. MGCP not support MVA , this is the problem.

Thank you

please rate if this will help.

Ahmad,

you can do MVA even if you have MGCP gateway..You just need to be clever with it...please read this thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2005673

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Hi

Firstly many thanks for aokanlawon .That is completely true  , but kindly be informed if you ask Cisco about that it will confirm that only H323 supported . I opened a case with Cisco before regarding to this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1144501

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Hi

The most example which you can use in your case :

Here is what I think the call flow looks like (5000 is MVA number):

PTSN –> MGCP GW –> UCM (simple enough here) then

UCM with RP to MVA number — routes call to 5000-> H.323 GW then

H.323 — dial-peer to 5010 to UCM –> UCM then

Configuration

1. Add an H.232 gateway in UCM
  2. Create a route-pattern for the MVA pilot number.  The partition must be reachable by the MGCP Gateway.
  3. Create a PT and CSS to isolate the MVA number.  pt-mva and css-mva
  4. Add the MVA under system.  Make sure to use the mva parition on the MVA number and the css-mva on the H.323 Gateway CSS.

The H.232 config is here:

! this translation fixes the caller id back the the pstn number.  The hairpinning overwrites the CLID.

voice translation-rule 5002
rule 1 /^5002$/ /2123942123/
!
voice translation-profile MVA
translate calling 5002

application
service CCM http://10.10.210.10:8080/ccmivr/pages/IVRMainpage.vxml

dial-peer voice 50100 voip
translation-profile incoming MVA
service ccm
destination-pattern 5000
session target ipv4:10.10.210.10
incoming called-number 5000
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: