cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Native Call Queuing, can only have a maximum of 100 Queue enable huntgroup - why

Bhasker Mistry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

Having looked at the Native Call Queuing feature introduced in CUCM 9 it mentions there is a maximum limit of 100 queues per sub; the question I have on this are:

• Is this a hard limit in the software, i.e. once reached 100 the system will not allow you to provision any more
  • Is it a soft limit, i.e. the system will still allow you to provision more the 100 queue and if this is the case then;
    • What are the impact i.e.
      • On the Queuing feature
      • System
      • etc.
  • Is this a limit based on what cisco have tested upto?

Regards

Bhasker

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bhasker,

It is definitely the limit based on what Cisco has tested and will be supported by TAC or BU. The system 'might' allow you to configure more than 100 queuing enabled hunt pilots per node ( need to be verified on a lab server to see what actually happens when 101th HP is added ) but even if you are able to add more of them you will not be entitled for TAC support in case you run into any issues with the queuing feature. For example, you can configure a maximum of 25 hunt pilots per hunt list in Call Queuing. If you exceed this limit, the queue status will not be displayed.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bhasker,

It is definitely the limit based on what Cisco has tested and will be supported by TAC or BU. The system 'might' allow you to configure more than 100 queuing enabled hunt pilots per node ( need to be verified on a lab server to see what actually happens when 101th HP is added ) but even if you are able to add more of them you will not be entitled for TAC support in case you run into any issues with the queuing feature. For example, you can configure a maximum of 25 hunt pilots per hunt list in Call Queuing. If you exceed this limit, the queue status will not be displayed.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

thanks for you input. The example you provided:

"... you can configure a maximum of 25 hunt pilots per hunt list in Call Queuing. If you exceed this limit, the queue status will not be displayed."

it is clear the expected behaviour when maximum is exceeded in this case but was look if there was any expected behaviour when Queuing exceed 100.

Thanks

Bhasker

Hi Bhasker,

There isn't any documentation regarding the same, however the point is that such a setup should be avoided as it is not tested and supported. Someone from the BU might have answer to this query though.

Manish