Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help - MCS-7825-H2-ECS1

Dear Sir;

we have old series MCS-7825-H2-ECS1  which i want to utilize as cucm subscriber . we are currently using cucm 9.1. recently i have upgraded RAM to 4 GB and then tried to install ESXi 5.0 but it is not showing raid volume , showing two disks 2 x 80GB. secondly, i have to upgrade SATA drives with more space because at least 80 gb free space required for cucm 9.1 if i select single disk so the provisioned space will be 74.5 gb something which is not enough for cucm 9.1 installation requirement.

I want to use that machine , don't want to throw it out...... please help me in this regard.....

3 Replies 3

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

check hardware compatibily on wmvare site

hi;

i think you are 100% right. i tried to install cucm 9.1 on esxi 5 many times but every time different problem comes ..... sometime completing 99% then failed full installation .... its mean it is not supported .....

then i followed your path and made a bootable usb but showing error kickstart file not found , i checked it was in the usb. dvd space is only 4.7 therefore i cannot write on it. can you suggest me any other method ....

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do realize we do NOT support MCSs with ESXi on top of them for UC apps???

Either you install it directly on the MCS, or you use it for any other purpose, but if this is for a production environment, we will not support this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate