Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on voice translation rules

Hi all,

I have small CME setup and i want to translate the 111 to 09821444335. If some one dial 111 its convert to 09821444335.

so following rule i configured in router but its not working. pls help

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1111/ /09821444335/

!

!

voice translation-profile profile1

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description OUTGOING-CALLS

translation-profile outgoing profile1

destination-pattern 0T

port 0/0/0:15

Thanx in advance..

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rupesh,

You should change 'translate calling' to 'translate called' in your voice translation-profile in order to change B-number. Also you have to change destination-pattern string to ^111$ since translation-profile applies after the call matches the dial-peer. You can use num-exp command in global configuration instead of using voice translation-profiles but I'd recommend to use tp's since they are much more flexible than num-exp command.

Also I have noticed that you are using four 1s in your translation-rule while referring to three 1s in your description, please check it.

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

View solution in original post

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

In addition to the perfect explanasion of Mr/Andrew. Please find the below to configure the num-exp and ignore translation rule.

num-exp 111 09821444335

dial-peer voice 10 pots
destination-pattern 111

Num-exp happens BEFORE dial-peer matching, they would have a higher precedence than any translation profiles applied to your dial-peers .

Cisco gateway will take the digits a user dialed and apply any  matching number-expansions before looking to match outbound dial-peers  so the number-expansion takes priority

Thank you
please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Rupesh,

You should change 'translate calling' to 'translate called' in your voice translation-profile in order to change B-number. Also you have to change destination-pattern string to ^111$ since translation-profile applies after the call matches the dial-peer. You can use num-exp command in global configuration instead of using voice translation-profiles but I'd recommend to use tp's since they are much more flexible than num-exp command.

Also I have noticed that you are using four 1s in your translation-rule while referring to three 1s in your description, please check it.

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

In addition to the perfect explanasion of Mr/Andrew. Please find the below to configure the num-exp and ignore translation rule.

num-exp 111 09821444335

dial-peer voice 10 pots
destination-pattern 111

Num-exp happens BEFORE dial-peer matching, they would have a higher precedence than any translation profiles applied to your dial-peers .

Cisco gateway will take the digits a user dialed and apply any  matching number-expansions before looking to match outbound dial-peers  so the number-expansion takes priority

Thank you
please rate all useful information

Thanks Guuyis its work with num-exp command..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: