Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with moving Overhead Valcom Paging port to Cisco VG204

quadrider1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are moving over to Cisco CUCM and installing various models of analog gateways to support faxes, bells and paging.  I have setup a VG204 with FXS for a Valcom Paging System.  We have a Valcom 9940 that sits between the VG and the 9 zone paging amp.  When I call the number I hear a ring or two then cuts out.  Still learning how to configure the gateways and I'm wondering if I have something miss configured on the port.  Does anybody have any suggestions as to why this is happening

Much appreciated

Jeremy

2 Replies 2

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you double check your wiring and Valcom DIP switch settings?

WIRING INSTRUCTIONS Place a check by each step as it is completed.
____ 1. Connect Tip of the Centrex or C. O. Line to pin 16 of the V-9940.
____ 2. Connect Ring of the line to pin 17.
____ 3. Crossconnect pin 6 of the V-9940 to the Tip "WHITE/BLUE" of a Valcom multi-zone dial select
page control unit (such as the V-1109RTVA or V-1109RTHF).
____ 4. Crossconnect pin 7 of the V-9940 to the control unit Ring "BLUE/WHITE".
____ 5. Refer to the Installation Manual supplied with the control unit for speaker and power
connections.
____ 6. Refer to the Installation Manual supplied with the control unit for proper volume adjustment
procedures.
____ 7. Dip Switch Settings: Set dip switches 1 an 8 "ON". Set switches 2 to 7 all "OFF". See Section
titled "Dip Switch Settings" for additional information regarding dip switches.
____ 8. When all connections are complete, replace cover and lock in place using the #6 ½ inch screws
provided. Plug in power supply.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response.  This was an existing V-9940 which was working with AudioCodes.  I think the issue is with the new analog gateway configuration.  I may have fixed the issue, but I wont know until I'm in the office tomorow..

Thanks again.