cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with setting up VPN on a Cisco EPC3925 Modem

csc322
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I need help setting VPN on Cisco EPC3925 modem (I tried using Help and I have read the entire section in the manual but the manual is not the same as the window I get in my settings. For example in the manual they say I can choose "all" under Remote Secure Gateway but there is no option like that).   

When I go to the VPN section this is what I get: 

Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 19.04.22.png

1. Does this mean that I can connect to my modem via VPN from some other location? I would like to be able to connect to this modem when I am not at home from some remote location from my computer in order to be able to use NAS-Storage.

2. If the answer on the first question is yes, what settings I need to enter for the:

Local Secure Group

Remote Secure Group

Remote Secure Gateway

My ISP is using dynamic IP but I have DDNS.

My router local IP is 192.168.0.1

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Starting IP Address: 192.168.0.10

Here is how the advanced settings looks like:

Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 19.11.16.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

6 Replies 6

Philippe Berger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been reposted to the CSC Content with No Valid Community to Post community.  

Beachandsky
Level 1
Level 1

What can I do wrong?

Beachandsky
Level 1
Level 1

My problem similar too this. I create a tunnel between two epc3925 but impossible to send data between them.

The status is connected.  What can I do? UPC tell me this router has only vpn client so i will doesn't work.

trickyt57
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

No VPN tab!

I was hoping to be able to use my CISCO EPC3925 to set up a VPN, but I don't even seem to have the VPN tab as shown in the first photo above!  Unless anyone has any ideas I will have to buy a router with a VPN already flashed on to it.

EPC3925's  firmware is customized according ISP wishes. Thus your EPC3925 may offer other set of features than EPC3925 manufactured for other ISP.

Because of it you need to  contact your ISP or technology  reseller that you purchased this from to  help you with your question.