cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need some assistance determining cable pinout for NIM 4E/M in ISR4300 for intercomm setup.

kossuth78
Beginner
Beginner

So here is the basics of what we are looking to do.  I have a NIM 4E/M module installed in our ISR4300 router and we use this module largely for intercom like things.  I've been tasked with integrating a piece of equipment which I'm not sure how to handle.  If the device was capable of 4 wire Type V signaling I'd have this implemented already, but unfortunately the device being integrated only supports Type II.  Attached is a screenshot from the manual.  Any suggestions on how to wire this thing up or convert the port in question on the NIM 4E/M to a Nortel style port?  Thanks.  

Pinout.jpg

1 Reply 1

Roger Kallberg
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

It was ages ago since I had anything to do with E&M ports. A quick Google came up with this result. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/vg200-gateway/8111-21.html
Have you checked this document out? It seems to hold the information you’d need.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers