imendezon
Level 1
Level 1

We have the following existing setup working:

CUCM 10.5.2

Expressway-C & E x8.9.1

CER 10.5.1

Spark app on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android

Hybrid call service is working as it should be. CER is also working as it should be based on what IP subnet your device is on it will use the correct ERL when using desk phones and Jabber.

The problem I have is that when calling from a Spark Remote Device (Hybrid Call Service) the CER doesn't recognize the device nor does it have an IP address to reference because there are no IP addresses shown in CUCM for the Spark Remote Device.

I'm considering having a Default ERL that sends callers to our security desk so they can confirm their location before 911 is dispatched. But I'm open to suggestions on how to resolve this issue with a more elegant solution.

2 Replies 2

Richard St Jean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You can go to www.west.com/safety-services/enterprise-e911-solutions/

and ask to get information about the Emergency Gateway and support for the Spark Hybrid Call Service. 

Lokesh Kumar Lal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As the  Spark clients do not register to CUCM or provide any location info. This is comparable to Jabber over MRA solution. So hybrid 911 calls from Spark apps/devices arrive at UCM without any location,  assigning a static location in CER configuration/Default ERL for is one way to go about it

Regards,
Lokesh K. Lal
Engineering Product Manager
Cisco Systems Inc.

Please don't forget to rate useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: