Views
Helpful
Replies

Needing to lock the volume

mattcrowley24
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I work for a large pharmacy chain and we have several of your 7942 IP phones in our pharmacy.  I'm having a problem with associates turning the volume down on the ringer causing us to neglect the phones.  I'm seeking to adjust the minimum ring volume on the phones and I've contacted my general helpdesk regarding the issue and they were unable to help.  Direction as to who to call or what steps to take to accomplish this would be highly appreciated.   

Also - I don't have access to the Cisco CallManager Administration page.  I'm a retail pharmacist with limited access to the programs that manage the phone systems. 

Thanks!

Matthew 

1 Reply 1

This would be the setting that you should tell your system administrators to look at.

image.png

The standard setting is as you can see to allow the volume to be turned all the way down. If this is changed to any other value the min ring volume can not be set to lower than this. Please note that this is a per device/phone setting, so it has to be altered on any/all the devices where this wants to be changed. This can be done via a bulk update, so it's not as terrible as it might first sound.

Response Signature