Views
Helpful
Replies

New C series C220M3 Install

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in the process of installing a new UCM cluster on C Series C220M3 Servers.

After upgrading the CIMC, BIOS etc using the HUU utility I have had to manually bulid my Hard Drive Datastores using the Server Webbios server utility.

I created 1 Virtual Drive with 2 HDD Raid1 for VMware ESXI and another Virtual Drive with 6 HDD Raid 5 for my VMs. After installing VMware 5.0 update1 only the 1st datastore was visible via my Vsphere client. I had to manually add the 2nd datastore.

Can anybody confirm that this is correct as in the past when using C210 series servers the Raids and Datastores were configured out of the box.

VMware does not recognise the 2 LOM NICs?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Ian

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many hard drives are in the server?

Did you follow the install guide for C220:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/install.html

Chris

Hi Chris,

yes I have seen this doc. There are 8 HDD in the C220M3 Server.

I have just found a doc "Cisco Unified Communications on Virtualized servers" which states that the C220 config is different for UC Apps.

All 8 drives have to be configured as 1 Raid 5 Logical Volume. ESXI and all UC VMs will be installed on this volume.

regards

Ian.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: