cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CER cluster will not pull phone info (IPs, MAC, etc) from CUCM

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I am rolling out a new Cisco Emergency Responder 12.5 cluster (tied to a CUCM 12.5 cluster).
I am doing subnet-based phone tracking (no switchport tracking).
The CTI ports and route points are all registered and test calls get routed to CER as expected but all of them hit the default ERL because CER can't seem to pull phone tracking info from CUCM.
I cannot get CER to pull phone info from CUCM. It currently states 0 phones tracked (there should be over 1000).

In CER, when I go to the CUCM config and hit the AXL test button, it passes the test so AXL seems to be working correctly.
I have an SNMP string on the 2 CUCMs and they are configured in CER. I have copy/pasted them to verify that they're the same. I have verified that it's not using any of the disallowed characters. 
If I use "utils snmp get" or "utils snmp walk" at the command line of the CER, it gets a valid response from CUCM so CUCM is responding to SNMP requests from CER.  
CUCM and CER are in the same subnet and on the same VMWare host so there are no ACLs, firewalls, etc between them.
I have rebooted the CER and restarted the SNMP services on the CUCMs. All services on CER are activated and running.

Any thoughts on what I could check next?

1 Reply 1

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1) Go to Phone Tracking > Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and check CCM node added, you should see all your Callmanager nodes if you click the hyperlink Cisco Unified Communications Managers List

• Every CUCM node running the CallManager service must also be running SNMP services
  • The Callmanager that is specified as the Cisco Unified Communications Manager must be running the CallManager service

if above list all the CCM nodes, then config is correct and CR knows about the CUCM cluster.

2)  Go to Phone Tracking > SNMP V2/V3

All CallManager servers must be configured here for SNMP phone tracking to work

if above 2 are correct then we would need the Phone tracking logs to check what is happening at time of discovery and please OPEN TAC case for same, if could not conclude.

Most probably issue is on config or SNMP as CER use SNMP to pull the phone information.

Regards

Tarun Gaur