Views
Helpful
Replies

No audio calling outside numbers - Cisco 2901

paolonova
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I have a Voip environment with a 2901 router. All internal calls are working fine. When I dial an external number (using the PSTN) I have no audio at all on both ends. The phones ring and the communication is established, but no voice. There is no firewall before the router.

Strange enough, I have another identical router in another site with a very similar configuration. This one is working fine, also with external calls through PSTN.

From the output of "show call active voice" on both routers I can see a little difference when calling the same number (say 0123456789). The working one has the full digits sequence in "OriginalCalledNumber" and "GwReceivedCalledNumber" whereas the other has just the number 9 which we use to pick up the line on both routers.

I have attached the router cfg and a small snapshot of the difference in show call active voice command.

hope you can help, thank you

13 Replies 13

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you please do a test call and send the following ..

debug voip ccapi inout..

please include calling and called number.

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you Ayodeji

Calling number was 80990, Called number was 07875979728

output in attach

Do you need to send the 9 outside?

Here is what I see that is sent out..

Can you also send the ff:

show voice dsp voice
Jan 20 12:17:55.695 GMT: //65433/A49B376B86B2/CCAPI/cc_api_display_ie_subfields:
   ccCallSetupRequest:
   cisco-username=80990
   ----- ccCallInfo IE subfields -----
   cisco-ani=80990
   cisco-anitype=0
   cisco-aniplan=0
   cisco-anipi=0
   cisco-anisi=1
   dest=07875979728

No, I don't need to send the 9 out. If you look at the config attached in the first post, I have a couple of translation rules (REMOVE9_OUT).

Destination number looks correct... but I can't hear any voice.

Please send the output of

show voice dsp voice

Here you go.

Thanks

Okay all your dsps look okay. I am sorry to bother you but we need more debugs,,

please send the ff:

debug isdn q931

and

sh diag

You're not bothering at all. Thank you very much for your help!

Here's the output

Can you try and configure port 0/0/1 and plug the cable on port 0/0/0 to it..The port 0/0/1 is shutdown at the moment so you need to do a no shut on it and configure the port like 0/0/0..

I just want to eliminate the possibility of a faulty BRI port. Does inbound call work?

This is on a remote site and the persons there aren't skilled enough. I could try to instruct someone with pictures and try the other port. I'll try and let you know.

Incoming calls have exactly the same issue.

Thank you

Dear Ayodeji, good morning

I asked t move the cable to ISDN BRI S/T 1 and I configured the dial-peer in order to test a phone call. Unfortunately I have the same behaviour (inbound and outbound). I can see traffic and call generated from output and the codec correctly negotiated in "show voice dsp voice".

I have asked to move the cable back to BRI0/0/0

Thank you

Paolonova,

Sorry for my late response..

These issue to me look like a dsp issue. Although the output of show voice dsp voice looks okay. I will suggest you open a TAC case with cisco unless you have spare PVDM that you can put into the router.

Will do. Thank you very much for your time.