Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Corporative Directory in some IP Phones

Hi All,

Have a particular problem: Corporative Directory is not reached from IP Phones 8961 and 7942, but from IP Phones 6921 it is. It was working fine in all IP Phones since they were installed, so suddenly they began to failed. IP Phones 6921 represent 80 % and IP Phones 8961 and 7942 represent 20% from all the phone registered at the CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26.

There was already done a Cisco CallManger reload (at Serviciability>Control Center> Feature Services), but have the same problem.

Please tell me what could be the problem.

Thanks in advanced.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Use the settings button on the phone to check that the correct Directory URL is loaded in the phone.

Check the firmware version loaded on the phone.

If all that looks good you could try a Wireshark capture to see if the phone is trying to make a network connection to the publisher.

I don't have acess to a 8.5(1) with 7942/8961 but I know of at least one customer on 8.5(1) with 7942 and they are OK.

Graham

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi all,

In order to give more information about this problem, I´m talking about Corporate Directory (insted of Corporative) and the words that appear on display is "Host not found".

Thanks in advanced.

This is usually a phone DNS issue.

On CUCM go to system/enterprise parameters.

Scroll down to the "Phone URL Parameters" block.

Make sure you have an IP address in all the URLs and not a name.

Graham

Hi Graham,

All the Phone URL Parameters have the Publisher´s IP Address configured, it has been in that way since CUCM was customized. Tthat´s  what I called such a particular problem because all IP Phones 6924 reach that URL correctly.

Any other idea ??

Thanks in advanced 

Use the settings button on the phone to check that the correct Directory URL is loaded in the phone.

Check the firmware version loaded on the phone.

If all that looks good you could try a Wireshark capture to see if the phone is trying to make a network connection to the publisher.

I don't have acess to a 8.5(1) with 7942/8961 but I know of at least one customer on 8.5(1) with 7942 and they are OK.

Graham