cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Inbound Audio on IP Communicator

MDInsua
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had IP Communicator installed into my Win7 vm and cannot hear the 2nd party speaking once the call is answered by either myself or them. I can hear the touch tones when dialing and the phone ringing when making an outbound call.

Any assistance on how to get the inbound audio to work as well would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the setup -

• MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
    • 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3
    • macOS High Sierra v10.13.6

running VMware Fusion

• Pro v10.1.5 ( 10950653 )
  • 4 Cores
  • 8GB RAM

with IP Communicator installed

• v8.6.6.0
  • CDP Driver v1.0(0.2) built
  • Vice Engine v3.5.0.0
  • Network and TFTP servers have been specified
  • Default Windows Audio Device and High Definition Audio Device have been tried
    • Network Audio Setting button
      • Audio IP Address is set to Use this adapters address which has been deemed okay by the TelComEng team
      • Audio Port Range is set to Use the default port range

Again, much thanks and please let me know if I forgot to add anything pertinent.

2 Replies 2

MDInsua
Level 1
Level 1
Forgot to mention that the vm is NAT'ed and not Bridged because the vm loses network connectivity when the MacBook goes wireless.

not an Apple/macbook user myself but if you have wireshark installed on the windows VM fusion, you can just run it on the ethernet interface and see if you have 2 way UDP/RTP traffic.
else you could double click on the ? mark button on the CIPC to check for sent/receive packets while the call is active.