Views
Helpful
Replies

no personal directory when pressing the directory button on ip phone

kiervin.munoz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Good Day. I don't know if the encountered scenario on IP Phone regarding directory button is expected behavior. When customer press the directory button, we cannot see the personal directory from the list. Kindly see below output per IP Phone when customer press the directory button:

7821 / 6921:
Corporate Directory
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Number:

7945 :
1. Missed call
2. Received call
3. Placed call
4. Corporate Directory

version of CUCM is 8.5.

When we checked the Phone Services, Personal Directory is already set to true.

Appreciate your response.

Thank you so much,

Kier

3 Replies 3

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the customer pressing contacts button on the 7821/6921 and getting directly to corporate directory?

Ideally in the 7945, there is a separate directory button which when pressed shows you all the menus as specified above. However, both the 7821 / 6921 do not have a directory button as such.

Instead, they have a contacts button which when pressed should show you personal and corporate directories ideally since it is already set to enable enterprise subscription.

Can you paste a snip of the Personal directory URL that you have created?

Regards,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

Sorry for the confusion. I mean the contacts button. When customer press the contacts button, it will directly go to Corporate Directory.

Corporate Directory
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Number:

The unusual thing is that, even form the 7945 IP Phone, when we press the button for the missed calls, corporate directory, personal directory etc., we cannot see the personal directory on the list.

Already requested the URL of personal directory and will upload it here once we have it.

Thank you so much,

Kier

Hi Kier,

Rather than just the URl, try and get the complete the snapshot of the Personal directory.

I am assuming that there is an incorrect type chosen for the Personal directory and that is the reason it does not show whenever directory button is pressed whichever phone model it maybe.

Regards,

Hitesh