Views
Helpful
Replies

No waiting tone on the line through IVR/UCCX

Sgj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem, there is no waiting tone on the line through IVR/UCCX when there is a call from outside.
But when there is an incoming call directly to the extension and without using IVR/UCCX, there is a waiting tone.

Here are some of the call flows I did for testing:
1) 0878XXXXXXXX (caller from outside) > 0361XXXXXX (organization number) > 44000 (IVR number) > Agent => No waiting tone
2) 0878XXXXXXXX (caller from outside) > 0361XXXXXX (direct call number) > 29000 (Extension number) > Agent => There is a waiting tone
3) 29999 (caller from internal) > 44000 (IVR number) > Agent => There is a waiting tone
4) 20000 (caller from internal in another site/site B (Via WAN)) > 44000 (IVR number) > Agent => There is a waiting tone

When I want to sync on UCCX, I get a warning like an image I attached.
But the service is already active.
I tried deactivating and enabling again, but still the same.

Does anyone know what is going on and how to solve it?
4 Replies 4

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

It is a very typical issue. Please follow the guide lines listed in this document.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_uccx/cube_uccx_interop_bestprac_guide.pdf

Hope it helps,

Please mark Helpful or click "accept as solution"

I already solved the warning of the AXL service issue with "Upload CUCM tomcat trust certs to UCCX and vice versa, and restart the tomcat services on both CUCM and UCCX".

But the call still didn't forward to other sites CUCM from outside when the call comes to IVR, just from inside can forward to other CUCM sites

Any idea of this?

Seems like CSS permission issues.

Make sure the CSS on the UCCX CTI ports, CTI Route points have the desired partition to reach the other site.

Suppose, if an internal user A with CSS_internal is able to call and forward other sites, then try to assign the same CSS to the UCCX CTI ports, and CTI RP. 

Best practice,

You need to apply CSS to the SIP trunk(Gateway) that has access to the CTI Ports' partition.

Your CTI Ports should have access to call the destination/forwarded Extensions.

Hope it helps,

Please mark Helpful or click "accept as solution"

Thank you for the reply

I think the CSS and Partition are already correct and match.
Here are some of the call flows I did for testing:
1) 0878XXXXXXXX (caller from outside) > 0361XXXXXX (organization number) > 44000 (IVR number) > press 2 > forward to other site CUCM > Agent => failed
2) 29999 (caller from internal) > 44000 (IVR number) > press 2 > forward to other site CUCM > Agent => success

Any idea again?