cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number Of Registered Media Devices Increase/Decrease

jcastro02
Level 1
Level 1

I have an alert on my monitoring tool that shows a single device registering and deregistering every minute or so. I don't see any additional information on what the device is to troubleshoot. What logs should I be looking at do determine the source of this alert? Thanks for any info.

6 Replies 6

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it a phone or gateway device or media device ?

You can check CUCM logs why the device is getting unregistered ?

Most likely loss of intermittent network connectivity can make such issues occurs but there are times when i had to upgrade a phone firmware to resolve this.thanks

I was thinking it might be a phone but the alert says " Number of registered Media Devices decreased between consecutive polls. Current monitored precanned object has decreased by 1" and then a minute later it says it has increased by 1 again.

I figured I could look in the logs somewhere but I wasn't sure which category/service/trace file type would show the information related to this alert. I'm wondering as well if firmware might be the culprit.

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get the event viewer application logs and event viewer sys logs. CallManager service logs may help as well. If you send the alarm and attach said logs, I will take a look.

May  3 15:01:10 CiscoUCM local7 2 : 466983: CiscoUCM.cashmerevalleybank.com: May 03 2016 10:01:10 PM.862 UTC :  %UC_RTMT-2-RTMT_ALERT: %[AlertName=NumberOfRegisteredMediaDevicesIncreased][AlertDetail= Number of registered Media Devices increased in consecutive polls.#012Current monitored precanned object has increased by 1#012The alert is generated on Tue May 03 15:01:10 PDT 2016 on cluster StandAloneCluster.][AppID=Cisco AMC Service][ClusterID=][NodeID=CVB-11CiscoUCM]: RTMT Alert

The alert entry in the event viewer - application log seems to just show the same information. Here's one of the alerts from there. I don't see anything in the system log.

You should run RTMT as administrator and in alert central -select node-Cisco syslog you should be able to find out which device getting unregistered.

otherwise go to collect files on RTMT and collect call manager and event viewer logs .thanks

rmoore4743
Level 1
Level 1

Wrong board sorry