Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Offnet to Offnet forwarding

I am having an issue attempting to forward an offnet call to an offnet call.  I have Set the Block OffNet to OffNet Transfer clusterwide service parameter to False.  I have my SIP gateway configured with offnet and I have my route pattern set as offnet.  Any suggestions on what I am missing is greatly appreciated

I have CUCM 8.6 and SIP trunks.

9 Replies 9

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello David,

Just check this you have correctly set on your configuration.

For forwarded calls, Cisco Unified Communications Manager must use the Local Route Group that is provisioned in the device pool settings that are associated with the redirected party to find the provisioned local route group. Thus, if phone A calls (local) phone B and phone B forwards the call to (remote) phone C, the Local Route Group value from the phone A device pool gets used rather than the corresponding value for phone B.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fslrg.html#wp1050881

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

If phone A and phone C are Cell phones and Phone B is Cisco phone, how do i apply the CSS to Phone A

Just to be clear, and as far as I understood. The call flow should be...

PSTN---GW---CUCM---IP PHONE (CFWD all to PSTN number)-- CUCM---GW--PSTN ?

In that case you should go to the line of the IP Phone and under Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings on Calling Search Space Policy choose one of the last two options you have there.

If you want to forward all your calls to your cellphone from your phone push the forward button and then dial the PSTN phone number.  (be aware that under CSS for any options of Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings, you should have a CSS that can reach the partion of the route pattern for outbound calls.

look for  "You can configure calling search space for Forward All, Forward Busy, Forward No Answer, Forward No Coverage, and Forward on CTI Failure directory numbers. The value that you choose applies to all devices that are using this directory number" on the following link http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b03dn.html

Hope I understood your question.

Please rate if it helps.

Viri.

You understood exactly what I wanted to do, however change the activatin policy to either of the options doesn't work.  I have CSS applied on my call forward all that is the same as my CSS for the phone and a normal call works just fine.

When you are trying to user the call forward call, you press your outside dial number first? for example 9 978 858 xxxx  for local calls?

What happens when you dial to that ip phone that has CFWD all to the outside number?

You get a busy tone?

it rings three times and disconnects, but the phone being forwarded to never rings.

Hi David,

Have you run any debugs on the SIP gateway to check if the call is even hitting the gateway or not. If yes, please share the same. Else, this requires a look at the detailed callmanager traces for a test call.

HTH

Manish

Looking at the Debug inout and CSIP message the call is hiting the gateway, I have opened a TAC case on this as well and they have the logs, I will share the resultes when resolved

oussamabachiri1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, please can someone help me with my topic

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12163751/ccvp-direct-inward-dialing-dynamic

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: