cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound connect problem

John.McCartney1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a weird problem that just started happening today. We have agents that can make a good outbound call then hang up, attempt another call and the call appears to proceed and the time counter on the phone increments but never connects. I have duplicated this on a phone sitting on my desk, put it in the same PT/CSS as the agent and get same results. The site is remote to me so I can't see their phones but I did notice the "Rcvr Packets" stays at zero for calls that have the problem, calls that go through I see the counters increment on the phone call stats.

The weird thing is I never see it hit our gateway outbound, there is maybe one active call on the whole PRI. We had AT&T move this circuit over to a new pair due to water getting in the old pair for the past 5 years+...

So my first thought is the circuit has something funky going on...I don't see anything in CDR that leads me to look at any particular config item...nothing has been changed on the gateway (2901)...any ideas?? Stummped

1 Reply 1

John.McCartney1
Level 1
Level 1

The route group was alternating between the gateway PRI and media sense controller, not sure how that got in there. It was set for circular instead of top down, hence the alternating failures.