Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Owner user id and Device Subscribe CSS using BAT

Dear all

We are in the process of updating Owner user id and Subscribe CSS under the phones.It can be done by exporting all the phone details edit both the fields , import and do insert all phones.While doing this 0's before CFWD and speed dial not gets detected and i need to add it manually :-(.

Please let me know is there any way so that we can update only certain fields for the phone without going thro above method.

Regards

Mohamed

3 Replies 3

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Are you trying to edit the exported file in Microsoft Excel?

If so it will it try to strip the leading '0' from a string of numbers!

Rather than opening it directly e.g. File, Open. Create a new blank workbook, then use the 'Get External Data' wizard, choosing text and comma delimited. You can specify your CFWD field as 'Text' this will stop the digit stripping.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply , yes i have tried that option. I have saved the file in .txt tried insert all phone details it gives out error message.If i save as .csv file then all 0's got stripped.

Is there a way to update specific fields using BAT instead of exporting / importing entire phone details?

When you open the file in Excel does it look correct? I just did a quck test with a CSV file. If I open it directly the digits are stripped. If I use the 'Get external data' method it looks correct. If I do a 'Save as' from Excel and choose 'CSV (Comma delimited)', then open the file in notepad I can see that it is correct and has the leading 0's in place. Obviously if I open the new file in Excel direclty the digits are stripped by again!

You can do a bulk administration, phones, update phones by query, but this is only really useful if you want to update a bunch of phones with the same setting.