Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

P-Asserted Identity in a SIP 180 Ringing message

Hello All,

I'm trying to test an off-net breakin call and when the SIP INVITE arrives to CUBE, it response with a 180 Ringing and I have seen that P-Asserted Identity is completed with the extension not with E.164 number. How could I modified this?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Search "sip profiles"

If you send in your debug ccsip message trace and the e164 number you want to translate to, I may be able to configure a sip profile for you. Sip profiles are a bit tricky to understand, so I may be able to help

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks¡¡¡

But i prefer understand the procedure. Anyway, a specific SIP profile is necessary for this purpouse? P-asserted identity is ok in other SIP messages.

SIP protocol uses a number of headers for communications. P-asserted identity is one of them. Sometimes it is necessary to modify these headers as your case suggests. The process of modifying them uses most time sip profiles. To understand better how sip profiles work have a look here..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a0080982499.shtml

Please rate all useful posts

So, if i understood, PAI should be change in CUBE and no in SIP profile menu in Call Manager. Correct? Please, in which cases PAI is used?

Many thanks in advance.