Views
Helpful
Replies

'Paging Group' on CMBE

huntl
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

Currently one of my customer has a CyberData Paging System that is integrated into the Cisco CME router perfectly now.

However, the customer is considering to upgrade this CME router to CMBE and i was wondering how i can assign the individual phones to a paging group like the CME so that the selected groups of IP Phones can receive the 'paging' from the CyberData Paging System.

The CME config are as below:-

ephone  1
mac-address 44D3.CA25.8790
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:1 2:60
!
!
!
ephone  2
mac-address 44D3.CA25.8979
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:2 2:61
!
!
!
ephone  3
mac-address 44D3.CA25.8A06
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:3 2:62
!
!
!
ephone  4
mac-address 44D3.CA25.894D
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:4 2:63

So i'm looking for whether it is possible for CMBE to group all the selected IP Phones to Paging Group 80 like the CME does.

Cheers,
Hunt

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No CUCM or CUMBE has paging built-in, so there is no paging configuration you need to do within CUCM as such

You always a need a 3rd party app for that and for the configuration you need to refer to your 3rd party documentation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks so much for your response.  Just curious if I don't configure IP PHones on CMBE, how does the system knows which Cisco IP Phones are eligble to recieve that particular paging??

I found the documentation on where CMBE treats the Paging System as a SIP End Point.  But I don't understand how to group the phones into a paging group.

http://www.cyberdata.net/support/server/documentation/930219D_Connecting_to_Cisco_Call_Manager_as_SIP_Endpoint.pdf

Cheers,

Hunt