cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial Registration through Expressway

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3

I have 8841's with sip88xx.12-1-1SR1-4 registered through MRA, every so often and randomly they go into partial registration.

TAC has been less than helpful to resolve this issue.

When they go to partial registration the active load disappears.

Partial.png

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.
20 Replies 20

Hi,

I work for an MSP and we are seeing this on virtually every cluster we manage that uses MRA. Has TAC given you any solution? We have seen threads that say to use Enhanced Line Mode, but we have some clients that are using Enhanced Line Mode that are still seeing the issue.

I am actually planning on opening another TAC case today.

Thanks!

Spoiler
@cgmiller913   Lets us know what TAC says.  I was told its most likely a defect but no roadmap for getting it fixed.  Its only happen when there are multiple lines configured on the phone. If you remove and only keep 1 line, I rarely see the phone go to a partially registered state unless the persons home internet service stinks

Not that this is a solution, but I finally got Cisco to take notice (thanks to everyone posting in this thread, as I've referenced back to it a few times to show that my cases were not isolated incidents). There is now a bug filed:   https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw49110

derekwhitmore89
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve noticed that it also happens when we bring new phones online. For example when I add a new phone to one of the sites sometimes this seems to trigger it and cause a bunch of phones to go into the partial registration. 

Hi All,

Just an update, we have cutover from UCM 11.5 to UCM 12.5.1.13900-152 this weekend and still receive the "Partial Registered" state on remote MRA phones.

I have update my TAC engineer to see what is likely to occur from the defect posted.

@ed.gumuskaya  _ I'm confused. Where has it said that partial registration is solved in 12.5.1? There is clearly a workaround if you update your SIP profile for the MRA phones:  Follow this bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw49110