Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC for VMWare Player and CUCM 8.6

Hi, I try to install CUCM on my Atom for lab testing, I have 250GB, 2 GB RAM, in general very slow computer for VMWare and CUCM, I want to ask, for help,  What CPU, RAM memory, size of HDD for new computer, I planing to buy for Cisco ACS and CUCM, for now I have CCNA, and study for CCNA Security, My plan is to try to get CCNA Security for 2 mounths, after this I will start study for CCNA Voice

Have a nice day

Linux is FREE       

CCNA R&S, CCNA Security
4 Replies 4

Hi,

I would recomend you buy a standalone server witn ESXi installed. The disk space, memory and processor amount will depends and what are you going to run in the entire lab.

For minium requirement buy Intel I5, 8 GB Ram 500GB HD.

Regards

Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.
Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for reply, what is ESXi, I don't know what is that ? in general I have my cisco lab (1 x2801, 3x 2950, 3x 1841
1x 2611 and IP phones 2 x7940 1x 7912), on that PC I want to install like guest only Backtrack, WindowsXP, CUCM and ACS

Can I use VMWare Player for Cisco CUCM nad Cisco ACS , or must install VMWare ESXi, I think is not free

CCNA

CCNA R&S, CCNA Security

You can use wikipedia to reaseach about ESXi...

Yes, you can use Vmware player for Cisco CUCM and Cisco ACS but first you will need Vmware Workstation to create the virtual machine.

Regards

Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.
Please rate all useful posts

Why I can't make VM mashine of CUCM and ACS with VMWare player ?
I am start with downloading VMWare Workstation9
And I buy i5, in some in next day I will buy MB and etc . what you think about my i5, will help ? I dont work with hardware, I am from system (linux) administration
http://ark.intel.com/products/42915/Intel-Core-i5-750-Processor-8M-Cache-2_66-GHz

From VMWare site

What is VMware Player?

VMware Player is software that enables users to easily create and run virtual machines on a Windows or Linux PC. VMware Player can create virtual machines in addition to running virtual machines created by VMware Workstation,VMware Fusion, VMware Fusion Professional, and VMware vSphere.

CCNA

CCNA R&S, CCNA Security