Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD CUCM 10.5 to 11.5

faizanelahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have initiated a task in PCD to migrate CUCM cluster 10.5 to new ESXi host with version 11.5 (new IP address). Task was successfully completed. However, none of the phones has been registered to new CUCM. Had done factory reset to the phones multiple times with no luck.

Also on new cluster PLM I am getting unrecognized license type. And on CUCM page its saying "synchronization failed due to version mismatch with cisco prime license manager". 

Do I need to contact TAC again to rehost the licenses ? Even if its on demo license, phones has to be registered right ?

Please advise.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Licenses are major version specific, you need not only to rehost your licenses, you need to have them upgraded to 11.x licenses.

Make sure all services are running and remove the server from PLM if it's trying to register as it won't work if you don't have 11.x licenses. If you changed the IP then you'd have to adjust the DHCP to point to the new server if you want phones to register to the new server.

With 14 being released a couple of days ago 11.5 is now EOL, I would strongly suggest to re-do the plan and go to 12.5 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your reply Jamie.

Sure, I will plan for 12.5. Yes DHCP pool has been modified with the new CUCM IP. Still it didn't register. Any other thoughts ?? Is it anything to do with ITL files or COP files ? 

Compare the ITL signature from both clusters to confirm it's the same, look at the phone logs for more information to confirm they're indeed trying to register to the new cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: