cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal background image

asiegel
Level 1
Level 1

Let me start out by saying how disappointed Phone Designer no longer works. That was a GREAT tool. I used Phone Designer to put a personal, family picture onto the phone of a senior staff person a few years ago. The image stayed on his phone even after we upgraded our CUCM to 11.5. Unfortunately, he got a new phone and would like that image on his phone again.

I know how to create background images, size them correctly, and load them onto the CUCM for users to select and personalize their phone.

Is there a way to put up an image and restrict it, or push it to a specific phone? I'm pretty sure he doesn't want other people able to select a picture of his wife as a phone background. This was a piece of cake with Phone Designer.

It won't be the end of the world if it can't be done, but if I can do it...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've heard mix results on applying bulk background to 79xx devices, and according to the bug it should not work, but you can give it a try.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#How_can_I_bulk_change_the_background_image_for_all_my_endpoints.3F.3F

If it doesn't work, you'll need to go thru all the config, then get the background on that device, and then delete the images and the entry from the .xml so other users do not see it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What phone model?

HTH

java

Sorry. 7975G

Is that the old, or the new device?

HTH

java

Same. It's a new phone of the same model. I'm not sure how or where Phone Designer stored the image or ringtone selected because I don't see it on the CallManager. It was pushed from Phone Designer to the phone and my only thought is that it was stored locally on the phone. Incidentally, after being unplugged for a few days, I plugged in the old phone and the image (and ringtone) is gone off the phone. So, if was stored on the phone, it was in pretty short term memory of the phone.

I've heard mix results on applying bulk background to 79xx devices, and according to the bug it should not work, but you can give it a try.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#How_can_I_bulk_change_the_background_image_for_all_my_endpoints.3F.3F

If it doesn't work, you'll need to go thru all the config, then get the background on that device, and then delete the images and the entry from the .xml so other users do not see it.

HTH

java

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to put up an image and restrict it, or push it to a specific phone? I'm pretty sure he doesn't want other people able to select a picture of his wife as a phone background.

I am fairly certain it will be available to everyone.
Maybe try not uploading a thumbnail and setting the image in the phone settings. That may hide it from others.

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.