Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone beeps when call received on hunt group

philmartin79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have an office reception that consists of a Hunt Pilot that diverts to 2 telephones. They have complained that when a call comes into the hunt group there is an audible beep which they find interupting. I believe they mean if on a call already.

They are both in the same pickup group but there is no audible setting selected: Call Pickup Group Notification Policy set to 'No Alert'.

Does anyone know where this tone is coming from and if it can be removed so they do not receive a beep? I cant see anything on the Hunt Pilot > Hunt List configs regarding playing a tone.

I have set the BLF Audible Alert Settings to Off but this has made no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Phil

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phil,

Can you try changing this setting on the Directory Number config page to disable or flash only;

Ring Setting (Phone Active)

From the drop-down list box, choose the ring setting that is used when this phone has another active call on a different line. Choose one of the following options:

Use system default

Disable

Flash only

Ring once

Ring

Beep only

Setting applies only to the current device unless you check the check box at right (Update Shared Device Settings) and click the Propagate Selected button. (The check box at right displays only if other devices share this directory number.)

Note Turning on MLPP Indication (at the enterprise parameter, device pool, or device level) disables normal Ring Setting behavior for the lines on a device, unless MLPP Indication is turned off (overridden) for the device.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b03dn.html#wp1337027

Cheers!

Rob