Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Busy trigger for 6961 IP Phone

CSCO11914161
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

We have CUCM 8.5 and a few 6961 IP phones with SIP firmware. I've noticed that the maximum number of calls for these phones is set to 2, while the busy trigger is 1. I'd like to allow our users to get at least 2 calls simultaneously, but these fields are not configurable from DN configuration page. Could anyone say if 6961 supports only one call per line and how can I  take 2 calls for the same DN one my phone?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andrey

This has been answered a couple of times recently in this forum.

The 69XX phones are unlike other phone model types, and they only support 1 call per line. The dual line support on them can only be used for transfer and cannot be used for a second call.

The only way to achieve call waiting is to call forward busy to a free button on the phone. So for example:

Assign DN "1000" to button 1

Assign DN "1001" to button 2

Call forward busy on DN 1000 to send calls to 1001.

Not great IMHO.

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andrey

This has been answered a couple of times recently in this forum.

The 69XX phones are unlike other phone model types, and they only support 1 call per line. The dual line support on them can only be used for transfer and cannot be used for a second call.

The only way to achieve call waiting is to call forward busy to a free button on the phone. So for example:

Assign DN "1000" to button 1

Assign DN "1001" to button 2

Call forward busy on DN 1000 to send calls to 1001.

Not great IMHO.

HTH. Barry