Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone clock - on SRST mode

Yanivaloosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

when phones (8961,7962 and 6921) are working on SRST mode, time is change (20 minutes different).

see below router configuration:

clock timezone Israel 2 0.

when working with cal manager time is correct.

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey when the call manager is unreachable phones go srst local get there ntp/clock locally I presume so you need to adjust your clock on the router , routers are not very good NTP devices there algorithm would not be as good as the call manager , check your show clock detail to see if the time is NTP or just manually set on router and if its correct and then tweak it using clock set .........

NTP is configured.

But, when changing the clock timezone on the router,  i dont see any change on the phone when running on SRST mode.

so when you change it does it change the time on the router but not on the phones , how long have you left the phones to sync for ? have your tried restarting one completely to see if it syncs quicker or try an extended ping from router to the phone.

just for testing, i remove the NTP server abd configured different time zone while phones are at SRST mode, but no change.

Can you post your router config from the SRST device?

attached, please let me know if additional info is require.

Thanks!!!!

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you synced your router to NTP? 

ntp server x.x.x.x

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: