cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Count on CUCM 8.5 broken down by subnet

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

Mission: To generate a report of current phones on CUCM 8.5 broken down by subnet.

I know that there is a report on CUCM that can give the count of phones but I need to go a step further to break them down by subnet. 

I first thought of doing an SNMP walk on the CDP MIB on each one of our L2 switches and placing the model and ip address on a spreadsheet. Later I thought that I did not need to do all that since I can get a similar report from Cisco Emergency Responder, but the problem is that not all of our switches are added to CER. Can I achieve my goal with SOAP services? If it is potentially achievable, can anyone provide with examples that can help get me started? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Adan.

On cucm server, where ip phone are registered to, enter in cli and issue the show risdb query phone command.

Copy all the output and put it in a csv file and import it on an excel spreadsheet.

Please let me know if it can work for you.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Adan.

On cucm server, where ip phone are registered to, enter in cli and issue the show risdb query phone command.

Copy all the output and put it in a csv file and import it on an excel spreadsheet.

Please let me know if it can work for you.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

I was looking to do something with SOAP since I have been meaning to learn it, however the solution that you have provided me with is quite useful! I certainly will use this. A couple of things:

1. Where can I find the meaning of each of the headings that the command generates?

2. What documentation lists all the possibilities of  what one can do via CLI? More specifically the commands like the one you provided? 

Thanks much! 

Carlo,

Is there a way to minimize the output to only the necessary data that I need? Is there a way to run this from a single server and have it output the data for the entire cluster? 

Hi Adan,

This command should be issued on all server in the cluster running call manager service cause some phones could be registered on one server and others on another server.

Doing a show risdb list, you can find all available tables you can query.

show risdb query phoneextn , for example, will show you device name, ip address, directory number and registration status.

you can run a query on both tables by issuing 

show risdb query phone phoneextn

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

Your explanation is very thorough! I very much appreciate it.  The phone table is quite useful for my current purposes. Ideally, I would only like to display the following headers "DeviceName, Descr, Ipaddr, MACaddr,RegStatus, DeviceModel" Is there a way to limit the output to just that? Lastly, I the output of DeviceModel is a 3 digit number, where can I find the translation of those values to actual phone models. For example the meaning of 484 might be 7925g. 

Thank you for everything. 

Hi There,

I am not aware of a method to "customize" the headers available in the risdb tables, pretty sure you get the whole table you ask for and nothing less. Although it should be pretty easy to capture all of the data and then delete the unneeded columns.

The list of available risdb tables can be found with the "show risdb query list" command.

Command reference for CUCM 8.5 can be found here:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/8_5_1/cli_ref_851.html

To get a mapping of device id numbers to device names, you can use the following SQL command "run sql SELECT enum,name FROM typeModel"

Please let us know if this helps!

Jonathan! 

this is very helpful! I appreciate it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: